Welcome!!

I am so glad you stopped by today. Please subscribe by email to never miss a post. Then, come on over and like my Facebook page! I hope you will find a lot to encourage you here, and that you'll come back soon!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Few of My Goals

I promised to talk about my goals for the new year. I have been working on them a little bit. It might take me a while to get it all down. If I try to do it all at once, I will get overwhelmed and just quit.

As a matter of fact, I am not even done making them all! I don't want to rush through it. I think that's why I fail so many times. I make plans without thinking them through clearly and taking the time to pray about them first. I can make all the wonderful goals in the world, but if they aren't His goals for me, what is the point?

So, onto the goals.

First, I worked on my Spiritual goals. I will only list a couple here, even though I have several.

1) Finish reading the Bible in 90 Days. I am in Proverbs. I hope to finish by April 31st.
2) Memorize 2nd Peter 1:1-11 and apply it to my life by reviewing it regularly.
3) Read through the Bible in 90 Days again over the summer months.

Then, I worked on some personal goals. Again, I will only list a couple.

1)Continue learning to run for exercise, and increase my time each week until I can run for 30 minutes without stopping.
2) Go to bed no later than 10:00 each night. (This one is proving to be my undoing!)

I have goals for what I want to accomplish with the kids, for school, and financial goals. So far, things are going pretty well. I am working on my 90 day Bible, and I am up to running for 5 minutes without stopping.

One important personal goal I set was to increase my own personal reading time. The more children I have had, and the busier I am managing my home, the less time I have had to read. Anyone who grew up with me would tell you that I was the classic bookworm.

I am excited this year about doing a lot more reading. I have finished 1 book, and I am looking forward to starting the next one! My biggest problem is that there are so many books I want to read; it's sometimes hard to know where to start! I have a good mix of books lined up, and I'm sure I will add to the stack as time goes along.

Well, there you go. Those are a few of the things I would like to accomplish this year.

Anyone else want to comment on any goals they have set and how it's going so far?

2 comments:

  1. Dawn,

    My goals are to lose wt., exercise more, read my bible, and to get back into the swing of things with life. I am very disjointed right now. (grief?) Would love to declutter my house. One very hard goal will be to go into Laurian's room. It has been locked since her death and I have not been in there. Maybe in the next 6 months...so many things need to be done. She has art work that will need to be preserved. I hope I can do it.

    Thanks for your blog! Hugs!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I came over from Life as Mom, and I think you've got some great goals. Finding time to read is hard for me, too, and I was a bookworm as a child, too.

    If you're interested, here are my goals:
    http://nikkis-notes.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-years-goals-reviewed.html

    ReplyDelete

I am honored that you have chosen to read and comment on my blog! I hope you will be encouraged by what you find here, and will share it with your friends!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.